Sunday, October 25, 2015

Go back in time and find a good story...



If you are feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the new books coming out, you may want to go back in time and read something you may find easily at book sales, library sales, even sold cheaply by sellers on Amazon. These books have stuck out in my mind as they were all read with much vigor, excitement, and a ton of  book nerd love.

I did not want to read The Rook, but a persistent book group member insisted and I was glad I listened to her. I read it rather quickly and was satisfied with the story, I loved the characters, plot, and the London setting. Perfect YA book.  (And you will never forget the name "McFawny.")


http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=the+rook


This was a cool read, no pun intended. The setting is on the edge of a forest near mountains where a couple makes their life living on a smallish farm. A strange child comes out  of the woods when it's cold and she has a story to tell but in her own magical way. Perfect book for a sit down with a cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate.



 I remember reading this, along with my Gan, when Oprah was planting her name all of the latest and greatest books. It was a good story, the main character, Julie Harmon is one of my most favorite characters.




This book blew me away. Stunning writing about conjoined twins about the life they are living told by each  girl separately. The writing is non exploitative, it was simply beautiful, tragic, sad, and victorious. I was so impressed I gave it out to a friend after I was finished.

 http://www.amazon.com/Girls-Novel-Lori-Lansens/dp/0316066346/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1445820682&sr=1-1&keywords=the+girls+book+lori+lansens

I hope you enjoy these books as much as I did. Sometimes a turn back to find good books from months ago, years ago, maybe even decades ago will never disappoint!

Buy all of them!

No comments:

Starting a new blog.

Hello bookish friends!  I’ve decided to download this blog and move on. The next book blog will have the same name but a whole new vibe.  Af...