Sunday, September 20, 2015

Fall, books and what's blogging got to do with it?


First, I wanted to thank you for following me! For those of you that are not professional writers, the bloggers like me going out on a limb to blog publicly, we are brave! And it's truly like jumping off a cliff.  You have this itch to write, you have things to say or review or show people and that should be the parachute for your jump. With your bag of goals strapped to you back and your followers, no matter how big or small, lifting you up to help you find yourself in a perfect place to write about the things you love the most. No matter how scary it is, do it. Jump. I am so grateful that I had the nerve to do it. Being here is a lot of fun.

My goings on (and it's a bit rushed, sorry!)

  • The Girl in the Spider's Web is ticking along. As I said before to someone somewhere, it doesn't have the complexity but it's a good story so far. Lullaby Girl by Aly Sidgwick is a real book (the former is on my iPad) which I read at night. I am enjoying both, and they can be read simultaneously. 
  • Tomorrow is a Library book sale. I am going to hit that up with a friend. They have used new hardbacks that were just published. I had a give-away on my book group and it was wonderful to send off a book in mint condition. This library is the next town over. I have joined our own library a couple of weeks ago! Talk about thrilled! I may have mentioned it here. 
  • My goal is to save money and still get the books I want so patience, looking into library book sales and the used bookstore plus going online for Bookperks and Bookgorilla, is a huge money saving adventure. That way, when I do go to Barnes and Noble for a hardback "I have to have" is not such a horrible matter when I buy it for a few more beans. It makes it special. 
  • I borrowed The Paris Winter by Imogen Robertson (see photo) which isn't my kind of book but it jumped out at me when I signed up at the library. I figured it's not a book I would buy so the library is a perfect place to try new genres! Just take them back if you don't like them! Win Win for everyone!
  • Fall is a great time to read with the chilly weather bound to come in. And it will be the holiday season soon enough. I have said to some friends on FB (in a group) that it's okay to take time out for yourselves, the holidays are not the be all end all of who you are. I will plan to write a couple of blogs like I did last year about savings and books you can buy for whom and all that fun stuff. 
  • I hope everyone has a great week. I will probably return with The Lullaby Girl as the first review in a week. Have a good one. Again, thank you for being here, it means the world!

No comments:

Starting a new blog.

Hello bookish friends!  I’ve decided to download this blog and move on. The next book blog will have the same name but a whole new vibe.  Af...