Sunday, September 20, 2015

RIP Jackie Collins! You will be very missed


From the time I was able to read the "big girl books" thanks to my mom and my SIL who always had the latest and greatest) Jackie Collins was one of my very my favorites. I had surpassed the syrupy (but well loved) Danielle Steel and found myself in the company of the Hollywood Rich and Famous. Which are still my favorite books to go to when I want to take off time from reading my usual dense head throbbing books. And back then,  Jackie Collins provided those thick hardbacks filled with fast cars, women, men, luxury and villains. Step aside Sydney Sheldon!

I read that she had passed away while cruising through the stream of Facebook this morning and had to sit for a moment, as I do, to think about what she meant to me. I mean, our author village that we grew up in were comprised of the very people that wrote... words, stories and characters that shaped our world. 

I knew she was a good writer, she had great plot lines and always, always gave us bling. Tons of bling in every category AND intrigue with loads of danger. She had the gift to get all us readers fired up on her books wanting more . And in those days, it took a LONG time to get to the next book! 

May she rest in peace. God bless her family who have our hearts and prayers and good positive vibes from the very fans who thought she was a wonderful part of our village. I have had Santangelos on my TBR list, I  think I am going to hike it  up to the top now. She deserves that. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And to those suffering with breast cancer, I have had three people whom I love dearly fight it around the same time two years ago~it's up to us to make sure that we do all we can to monitor  and care  for our beloved bodies. I am unsure of the story behind Jackie Collins but it's so important:  Make your mammo appointment today. Says Cheryl RN.

No comments:

Starting a new blog.

Hello bookish friends!  I’ve decided to download this blog and move on. The next book blog will have the same name but a whole new vibe.  Af...