Thursday, September 10, 2015

Books, TV and Christmas!

 My friend, Anne, sent this book to me today! What a treat! We were having quite a time with the kid and the puppy doing things kids and puppies do and the doorbell rang , I found a box with this book in it from the mailman. It made my whole day. So I MUST read this after the Lisbeth book.
Thanks to another friend, Jane, Fringe was recommended as we just (barely) made it through The Killing series (slow!) We love this show. Great actors, great arcs and more arcs and parallel universes and fringe science mixed with forensics. Highly recommended.
There are Christmas trees in a store near us. I am sure there are Christmas trees in a store near you. What does this have to do with books? Christmas is not an enjoyable time for me to read as it's too crazy. I look at those lights and trees and balls and blingy hangy things like a steamship leaving the port with every book I own on it.  Not to mention I would like to carve a pumpkin and eat some turkey first, thank you.

That's about all this week, along with the normal things we do. There are a lot of great Fall books coming out, I just doused my entire book group with the beautiful new covers and descriptions. I think it will be a good Christmas (cough) for those that ask for books. (Trying to make this all work, how am I doing?)

No comments:

Starting a new blog.

Hello bookish friends!  I’ve decided to download this blog and move on. The next book blog will have the same name but a whole new vibe.  Af...