Saturday, April 18, 2015

Observations and such

 First, I finished Bird Box and can't wait to review it. Not today though. Still reading The Boston Girl (that may take as long as physical therapy lasts so a review may ten years from now.) And Naomi Klein's book which will be finished with The Boston Girl ten years from now. Not sure what number one book I will put my energy into next. 

Ramblings:

I miss book stores so much that I am ready to drive to B and N and watch people buy books. Seriously, it's on the menu for this week.  I can't stand this no shopping due to not-working-gig.

Back to shopping.

It's like women who like shoes or clothes, my mom, for example, she goes into a clothing store and not only takes all her time and energy into finding a perfect outfit, she tries it on, buttons every single buttons, plays with zippers for days,  sits down, stands up, walks away from the mirror, up to the mirror, twirls around and readjusts everything ninety times. Me? I pick it up off the rack hold it up to myself, say "yep" and buy it. I am not one to fuss with clothes.

Books? Mom loves books too and is a lovely companion to go to B and N with. But I am with books like she is with clothes. I read, I touch, I look the entire book over, flip through the pages, put it back, pick it up, stack it in my arms with the other books and sometimes I may even put it back again, rinse repeat. 
I have even got into my car to leave and turned my car on, off and went back in to buy that book I put back a few zillion times. 

Unrelated:

Funny how we approach storing our books. One friend will not buy one book. "My house is decluttered and I refuse to waste an ounce of space" (confirmed Kindle fan.) Another friend is a book hoarder like me but will give any of them away if asked for a good book to read. She grabs several books and hands it to you like it was half a bag of chips, "here, eat these, I don't want any more." In other words, keep the books, I will be hording more in the future. Lastly, one friend has four books. Four real books. Sitting on a shelf (well, lying down in a neat little pile) and they are very important to him. I am not sure if he will ever read them, If he does I will be surprised. 

And other unrelated things: 
 
Some bathe with books (oh so not me) and some will go to the beach with suntan oil on their hands and get it all over the cover and pages. The smell of the coconut oil sort of makes that one okay, besides there is nothing like a paperback smelling like the beach. One gal I know eats lunch over her books and leaves food tracings, which is found decades later. A strand of lettuce stuck between her books for months is permanent. Enough that I have considered using it as a glue or caulking. I know, I have borrowed from the lunch eater a whole bunch of times.


See that pic? That's a tiny square of books in my room. The Rook was very good, I may have to re-read it to review it, but it's good, trust me. I was surprised (very) that it was not made into a movie. It's located in the YA section if you are interested.

I hope you have a luxurious weekend, the sun is out and it's Spring! 
Read on!

No comments:

Starting a new blog.

Hello bookish friends!  I’ve decided to download this blog and move on. The next book blog will have the same name but a whole new vibe.  Af...