Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Romance sells dammit!

 

I swear I’m not a prude. 

Romance sells dammit!


Disclaimer! I love Romance, I read Romance and have no ill will towards those that love it as well.


Dear Amazon, And Kindle too as I am sure they have their own division and focus groups,


 I am glad Romance exists. But quite sad when I see the placement of Romance throughout the entire Kindle Kingdom.


This isn’t a rant because truth be told, I have no idea how Amazon works the books placement for sales, but I have a pretty good idea that it’s what the folks want. And it makes lots and lots of beans. I get it. 


I know an owner of a used book store that has a HUGE and I mean YUGE section for romance. Why you ask? (I asked myself) it sells and people LOVE IT.


But, when I pop on Kindle and swoop my nerdy finger over “Book Categories” in a frenzy to see the books,, I need some help here because I cannot bear to click on Spirituality and Religion or Arts  or History to find a truck load of bare chested men  and women and all the good people of romance offering up steamy services.


Anyway, I know the bottom line is supply and demand and Romance rocks it out of the Book Ball Park, but please, Amazon God of the Kindle Book Department, just give it its very own YUGE category and let us cold hearted readers move on through books about squids or wind cycles  in utter sexless peace. OH and it does not belong in Thrillers, either, nor horror for God’s sake (unless it’s a sub-genre of sorts).


Suggestion: 

  I KNOW that the Self Help Department would squeal with joy if Romance was added! They accept everybody, it’s like a big book group hug on those shelves. Very touchy feely.


I read Romance too, just in case you think I live in the arctic circle in a tent all dirty and grouchy cursing out the world. No, I like the genre. I just don’t want to see the covers all across the categories. 


With love, beautiful sexy covers and all, 

Thank you,

Cheryl 

 

No comments:

Starting a new blog.

Hello bookish friends!  I’ve decided to download this blog and move on. The next book blog will have the same name but a whole new vibe.  Af...