Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Book goals for 2022

 


Good morning, 

I’ve been thinking about the new year and what my reading will look like. I find it nearly impossible to make real book goals though I did enter the Goodreads challenge at 75 to simply give myself a push. Last year I gave up reading without “a push” as I felt I would read more without pressure. That did not happen. In fact,  I read less and didn’t put my heart into what I had read.

So here we are. 2022. What will this year look like for my reading, how about your reading? Are you making “goals”?


Goodreads aside, I want to finish out a couple of series, one by Nikki French the other by Ragnar Jonasson. I want to read The Count of Monte Cristo. I want to read one or two science fiction novels. I want to read books that have teeth. The kind that sticks to your ribs long after. And in between all those books I want to read some comforting books, maybe even, dare I say this?  A re-read.  Who knows, but I am going to read. I started my day carrying my phone around listening to the last hour of book two from the Jonasson’s series. Instead of Youtube, I want it to be Audible, Kindle and real books.


I adore Booktube, and found some great new (less than a thousand followers) Booktubers who have tipped over my TBR with the books they have reviewed. But I want to read too and that means being picky about my time and how I spend it. 


Let me know what your reading looks like this year. May we find toothy books out there and have some great conversations afterward.


PS I found “Likewise” app through the ever advert crary Instagram. I like it, it’s new, it’s a clean way to list your books without the dinosaur-like atmosphere of Goodreads and it includes listing your favorite movies TV shows and podcasts.  


Best to all the bookish friends and people I know for the New Year.

No comments:

Starting a new blog.

Hello bookish friends!  I’ve decided to download this blog and move on. The next book blog will have the same name but a whole new vibe.  Af...