Friday, August 7, 2020

Are you having a hard time reading these days?




 I know I am!  I thought long and hard about the reason why reading can be impossible during stressful times. 

Money- face it- we need money to feed the read. 

Some suggestions- if you have a Kindle with Kindle Unlimited- there are many many books to read for free. The cost of joining premium is worth what you get. Plus, they offer First Reads at the beginning of the month- fresh new life books that just came out or are coming out - for free- you can pick one and if you want the others you can pre-order for around 4.99 each. If it’s audible- you have a nice catalog of books to listen to- for free. 

I used to frequent used book stores but now I order used books from them now- they will love you forever ❤️

Can’t focus- no matter how easy it is to read for us book nerds there are times where we cannot focus on anything. 

Ya-Manga-Comics-Middle Grade all genres have given me great joy and focus during a crisis- it’s not they are easy reads- they are not but there are different, one of these genres may pique your interest. Get you bank in the game. 

Anxiety- this aggravating factor contributes to not being able to focus as well. Here are two  options I currently use to defuse before I pick up a book- 

The Calm App- On their app I choose nice natural background with a light chime and follow their different options for deep breathing- learn how to breathe the right way and you will be ready to read. PS there are plenty of calming free apps btw. Breathing correctly corrects the blowing off of too much CO2 - too much O2 sticks around and completely diminishes your capacity to focus. 

Nature and Travel- go far and wide to inhale a deep earthy forest or go down under to feel the dry heat on your face as the Roos hop by. 

I will provide those types of books in my next post- books that help during bad times- 

You are a reader- you may need to go play Animal Crossing (is that what it’s called?) or read a celebrity mag or watch Case Files (all of them) to chill out before reading- 

You are not alone. 

Stay well stay healthy. 

Cheryl 



No comments:

Starting a new blog.

Hello bookish friends!  I’ve decided to download this blog and move on. The next book blog will have the same name but a whole new vibe.  Af...