Sunday, June 28, 2015

Disappointing books: Primates of Park Avenue by Wednesday Martin


http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/08/news/primates-park-avenue-clarification/

It really ticks me off when I am anticipating a book and it just leaves you for dead with an issue on the author's behalf, then I need to take up a cause here.  If the author wanted to write something to explain the way someone/ a culture lives, then write a fiction book and be done with it. This author is a decent writer, stop playing field scientist and write a fabulous fictional account instead. 

Having said that, I was just getting into this book when I read the above link. I exhaled. I had to because being duped as a reader is a real pet peeve and I was ready call up Amazon and tell them to take it back even if I only get credit for the book.

I sound extreme in my assessment but I like a book to be a memoir, even if memories are faulty and distorted, even exaggerated, they are not big fabrications or telescoped "field notes." 

That's all folks, you won't see this side of me very often.

No comments:

Starting a new blog.

Hello bookish friends!  I’ve decided to download this blog and move on. The next book blog will have the same name but a whole new vibe.  Af...