Sunday, June 28, 2015

Authors to Love: Robin Cook

 Every once in a while I think about Robin Cook, with great fondness as his books, Coma, Brain and Fever were the only books in my "Robin Cook Library" when I was younger. I read each one five times over, maybe more. It was the first dip into the medical thriller pool and I was one happy camper. 

It has been a long time since I have read a Cook Book (as I call them) but Nano was sitting in a ratty old box (the kind you put the big navel oranges into every winter) at the grocery store. All books were marked 80% and I nabbed this hardcover with gusto. 

The competitor medical thriller authors were pretty damn good as well and I read most of them with great joy but Cook always seemed to nail the very core of a reader's  fear as patients. What made it even better was knowing my profession was going to be in medicine made it even scarier, double whammo of fear!

I list him in the Authors to Love category as he has proven himself time and time again to be the master of all medical thrillers ever. Some may disagree and that is okay but to me? Cook is the man.



No comments:

Starting a new blog.

Hello bookish friends!  I’ve decided to download this blog and move on. The next book blog will have the same name but a whole new vibe.  Af...