Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sick Day #2


Two days of a wicked UTI  and a sinus infection left me in my chair or bed reading my book. And sleeping. A lot. No complaints here. I think a sick leave of absence from ADLs (activities of daily living) is required every now and then. No one wants to be sick but it sure gives you a chance to take are  of yourself. 

And a chance to read all your favorite book blogs. 

As well as fritter away the hours on Facebook with your friends. 

And read peacefully. 

Some illnesses. Forget it. 
If you are puking it is strictly survival. 
Colds/bronchitis. No. Too many interruptions between snot, sneezing,  and swigging NyQuil. 
Diarrhea? Come on now. 

But UTIs and the vague ridiculous world of infected sinuses lends a margin to read. 

And I have done just that besides drinking gallons of water 

Other Sunday notes: 

The books on my ottoman are all books I'm reading or looking at but I can't possibly write about here. (I hope the whole picture shows up as I'm blogging on my iPad for the first time.)

Humans of New York by Brandon Stanton was, by far, one of my favorite Christmas gifts. Ever. My H bought it for me and I flip through it daily. Check out Brandon's Facebook page. It's one of my favorite places on the web. 

Know the Night by Maria Mutch was given to me by my friend. Anne. During my daughter's emotional changes in the last year I voiced how stressed I was dealing with a child who could not express what was wrong. Special Needs parents have a lot of frustrations that they are unable to express themselves. My friend knew what I needed. This book is perfect. I will review it someday. 

Hotel Pastis is a book I keep nearby when I need something familiar to read. Peter Mayle is a favorite author of mine. I highly recommend his books. They take you to France, what could be any better? 

This Cold Heaven by Gretel Erhlich is a good read as well though it has taken fifth place behind others. I flip through books when I'm sick reading parts I love here and there satisfied with a touch of my favored books. 

It truly is the best medicine. 
Be well! 

No comments:

Starting a new blog.

Hello bookish friends!  I’ve decided to download this blog and move on. The next book blog will have the same name but a whole new vibe.  Af...