Saturday, February 21, 2015

Some bookish things and the Winter of 2015

I haven't been blogging for a while due to the incredible busyness of life and all that it entails. I am wiped out and ready to hide somewhere so I can catch up on reading! The weather. I can tell you this about our home. There isn't much hunkering down with a good book when it snows. We spend a lot of time doing other things, like keeping the fire going, keeping drafts down and keeping our little monkey, Christa, warm. I am starting to think that the summer has more opportunities to read than winter. That is a huge difference in my life. Plus I have to go to physical therapy three times a week and that wipes me OUT. So, I am ready to pack the beach bag and head to the Jersey Shore! I truly miss reading but I have done some so I should be reviewing a few here and there soon.
 As I had mentioned that I was doing Fat Mum Slim's Photo of the Day and this was from a week or so ago, subject: at my bedside. Those are the books, except Naomi Klein's book, that are always at my bedside. All classics in my mind. Klein's book is next on my list, which will be read along with another book as I truly cannot read her dense books without a light fiction book going as well.
My mom's mom, Gan, was a true spirit of books, reading and collecting things to make her own scrap books. I was honored to get her church scrapbook after she passed on. The things she cut out were from the church flyers and programs and Ideals. When I had read each taped poem verse or story, I understood her more as a woman. She was not one to show or speak of her troubles so I had a bird's eye view of the things she felt through other people's words. I love that so much. I think if you are a quiet soul (obviously I am NOT) a little scrapbook to leave behind is truly the most precious gift to give a child or grandchild. I have left a legacy of my words all over the Internet but have a book started for your loved ones would be much loved. I intend to do it myself.

Lastly, the current reading list of books to the ~~~>  I am reading have all been put aside for a couple of other books I have read that I will review. A book of short stories by Ann Packer, Herman Koch's new book and maybe a read along with a fun book. Not sure. This is a new blog so I can pretty much hybrid it. 

Until later...

No comments:

Starting a new blog.

Hello bookish friends!  I’ve decided to download this blog and move on. The next book blog will have the same name but a whole new vibe.  Af...