Sunday, February 22, 2015

Authors to Love: David Simpson Part I


A few years back I stumbled upon Post Human by David Simpson (Book #2) and read the whole book in no time. I was curious to see who this author was, as I've always checked out the authors of new and different books, especially since I had a book group and was always looking for new reads to post.Who is this author and what else has he done and what is he going to do for a follow up, I had to know.

Somewhere it said to "follow me on Facebook" which lead me to a private account. 
Holy cow, how do I do this? I mean, this is an account, not a page but a friend account! Will I meet his family or old school mates? What the hell??? 

 So, after making that horrible, do I or don't I decision I finally clicked the friend option and truly met one of the nicest "humans" in the world! And yes, I met his wife, Jenny too so I did meet family! As an author, Simpson not only engages in all kinds of conversations with his fans but truly cares about what they think. He knows his "tribe" as he calls them. And this isn't just a grateful acknowledgement for a friend it's a huge five star acknowledgement for an author I would love to have you know.

(Ironically, the other "Author to Love" Dani Shapiro, who I showcased first on here had the whole, come follow me on Facebook but I chickened out when I saw it was a private account. Very happy that I took the plunge into Simpson's account, I will never hesitate again with any author to follow.)

You can visit his Facebook page here: 


Let me introduce you to my friend, Estella, another "tribe member" who wrote this wonderful blog post (review for Amazon.)  I was very happy when she said yes in sharing her thoughts.


The following was my review on Amazon of Post-Human by David Simpson:
This review is from: Post-Human (Book 2) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition) This was not your average apocalypse style story... it was better! I was completely unprepared for the twist of how humanity ended, which I loved. I thoroughly enjoy a book that can surprise me and keeping guessing about what will happen next. Humanity has become so evolved that planes, trains, and automobiles are a thing of the past. Anything you want is there in your "mind's eye"... just think for it. But what kind of A.I. is needed to control the demands worldwide. Is there a point in evolution when enough is enough? This was a great read for me and very easy to follow technically. I can be very computer illiterate sometimes. I highly recommend this book to anyone that enjoys Scifi. I love finding odd or unusual scenarios. I can't wait for the next book in the series! But there is so much more going on in this book series. David has a vision of humanity’s evolution that caught me totally off guard. I’ve thought about Super AI’s and robots being manufactured to benefit all, but not to the extent that David has taken the concept. His style and humor make for a very enjoyable read. Even though the sciences and technical terms are hard for me to wrap my brain around, I didn’t need a PHD to understand and enjoy the story. This book was a real page turner for me. Apocalyptic, robots, science fiction, all of my passions were embraced. I was through the book before I realized it. I love his writing as an author, but was even more gratified of the person. David Simpson truly enjoys reaching out to his readers. He appreciates the comments and interaction from others. He is very friendly and in my opinion, humble, but he can expand indefinitely about the subjects that interest him, that he is passionate about. All in all you can’t go wrong getting to know this author and his Post-Human series. Estella Allender 2/21/15


~I will showcase each book in tomorrow's blog, it is a very good series, check it out! And thank you, Estella! 


No comments:

Starting a new blog.

Hello bookish friends!  I’ve decided to download this blog and move on. The next book blog will have the same name but a whole new vibe.  Af...