Friday, August 22, 2014

Why I am here...


I like to number things or DOT them so I can stick to the point. If I don't then this will be one long winded run-on sentence and no one has time for that.
So here I go. 
Why I am here.
  • I have loved books since I could hold one all by myself. I have devoted a life time of excitement at the mere sight of a library, bookstore or simply a blanket of books lying on the ground at a yard sale. It's what I love the most. 
  • I am a critical care nurse (I belong to the unmatched socks above). I love nursing, but for now I am home for a while with a foot injury, so I have loads of time to do things like start another blog! And I love patients, especially the elderly, who need all the love they can get. Enough of job talk...
  • I must inform you that Cheryl is my real name; however I started a book blog long ago and it has my real name on it and well, I forgot my password and all the vital information. So if you stumble across a few of the same photos on a VERY similar blog, that's mine. That's my lost blog. Please direct me to it. Thanks.
  • I am NOT a writer, I speak in acronyms at work which completely ruined the voice, my inside and outside voice, the "inside" meaning brain. That one does not have very good grammar either. On the good side of things, my husband and a few of my friends are EDITORS. If I have a blog that you feel needs cleaning up, just tell me I will sic them on it. Not you. Never you. Okay, well, if you are mean yes, you.
  • I have a very nice closed (sorry, you know how Facebook is) book group. This group was started by yours truly with close family and friends. Some stuck in there, but you know how some of your rellies (aka relatives) and friends are. They say, okay I gave you a number count, (to make it look good) I am not participating, or worse yet, I am leaving because you put up really complicated books that I would hate to read. I have forgiven them. Now, thanks to my dear normal family friends and friends of their friends it is a thriving group. Let me know if you are interested, we can go over the rules in private and I will add you (they are so loose it's not even funny.)
  • Lastly, I have always been a reader of a few genres, then I started reading other genres and felt that my life was somewhat complete as a reader. Well, that's never true as our lives as readers are NEVER complete. And that's a great thing! So my blog is really about all the books I get into, covering all kinds of genres and why. And I swear I won't ruin it for you by screeching out crazy spoilers and the like.
  • I welcome you with open arms and open books. 
  • I may write about movies too. 
  • Or memes. I love memes.
  • Or things that are just funny at times. 
  • And this blog is homegrown. No fancy stuff flickering and making your eyes go insane. My H said it looks like the Drudge Report - very severe. But I like plain and simple.
  • I can be very serious too. Seriously.
  • Thank you for being here.

2 comments:

Anne D said...

Woo hoo! Congrats on the bookblog thingie.

Cheryl Musgrove said...

Thank you, Anne! (my hero)

Starting a new blog.

Hello bookish friends!  I’ve decided to download this blog and move on. The next book blog will have the same name but a whole new vibe.  Af...