Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Sunday, my first Bible

Happy Easter! 
We decided to stay home and chill out before a long week of paperwork, appointments, and entertaining my daughter who is off for Spring Break. 

That Bible shown in the photo was given to my by my aunt, my mom's sister. I used to marvel over my aunt's discipline and love for her church. She, among other family members, rooted me into the fabric of faith. I've traveled through many religions and wrapped up my journey with a plain love and faith in God and Jesus. Easy. 

Okay we won't go there, faith and a relationship with God can be anything but easy. 

But that's not for here. 

My aunt gave me a children's Bible and it still means more to me than any book I own. My first reading was about Adam and Eve, then the Christmas story,  lastly, Revelations. I wanted to know the ending even if  I had to piece together some wild symbolism and metaphors. 

The beginning, the middle and the end. 

My love for reading grew larger from that first moment flipping through this rich book, my first Bible while I sat at Gan's table, with her and my aunt beaming with joy over this very solemn but interesting book they passed on. 

I search through all my books. I want to know why people do what they do, why things are as they are and what are those hidden messages. In all genre reading., I want to know. 

I'm curious as a detective. 
I have faith as a child. 
I contemplate as a thinker. 

I think we are all that way, people who love books. And it's a grand thing. 

Enjoy your holiday! 

P.S. To my Mother~ you may not have given me my first Bible but you taught me forgiveness, discipline and being kind to others. You are a faithful marathon runner. 
Thank you and I love you. 


No comments:

Starting a new blog.

Hello bookish friends!  I’ve decided to download this blog and move on. The next book blog will have the same name but a whole new vibe.  Af...