Friday, September 26, 2014

Ditching the Facebook app for reading

This is one of my photos from Fat Mum Slim's Photo of the Day Album.. The sad part was the first year I did FMS (when I took this photo) it was with a 3G iPhone. Many good photos killed by the furry 3G camera.

 I hope I can re-do this photo.  In fact, I have to leave Middlesex out as my husband was not amused that I wasn't "savvy" enough to pick up on the fact that Middlesex should be in the middle not near the bottom. He is right. 

On to the point..

I had to make a few decisions about my online life. It's very easy being out with a bum post-surgical foot to read all the book blogs I love, spend time on Facebook, Word Chums as well as other places I love to read. I will be going back to work at some point and I think I need some reading time. And blogger time.

I made some crazy changes (take a deep breath, I did these things, not you, it's okay.) 

I told my FB book group that I had to slow down on posting books. I planned to post a slew of books once during the week then once on the weekend. On the other days I will respond to their posts and such. I think I need to pull back a bit even though it is truly one of my best book ventures I have ever started..

Then....
I took Facebook off my phone.
I am FACEBOOKLESS when I am out.
Today was pretty good. I went out, took my Kindle and spent a good hour and a half reading.
I felt no pressure.
No temptations to reassure myself that the Facebook world and all my friends were intact and alive.
They are tough critters, they do not need me worrying all day right?

I thought, hmm if I want to have a book blog I really need to READ. 
No kidding, Cheryl.
So here we are. I have reviews I can catch up on old reads that may fill up some posts until I get my current three books completed.

That's my goings on.
See you this weekend.

Starting a new blog.

Hello bookish friends!  I’ve decided to download this blog and move on. The next book blog will have the same name but a whole new vibe.  Af...