Saturday, August 30, 2014

Freebies and other book newsy things

David Simpson's PostHuman series is one of my all time favorites. In these epic four books he tells a fast paced story of artificial intelligence and the effects on mankind. Rich in character development as well as plot, I highly recommend them. For this holiday weekend you can get all four books for free (dated August 30th) on Amazon, so download while the offer stands! 


My friend Robin wrote such an exciting review on King's 11/22/63 the other day that I instantly downloaded it, for the second time. Why? I have it on my Kindle but wanted it on my eReader so I can read it in the dark. My Kindle (given to me by said reviewer best friend above) is an older version, no back light and though it is packed with great books and I would simply fail to exist without it, it's a day time reader. Now I can read this in the wee hours of the night without waking up the spouse. 


Need a small book to pass some time between two heavy reads? Small as an Elephant by Jennifer Richard Jacobson is a compelling story of a young boy left by his mother in a campsite in Maine. His goal is to get back to Boston. His journey is sweet, agonizing and innocent. Highly recommended. Buy it. 

Here is what I do when I need some peace. I gave up cross-stitching years ago (thank you, Internet) so I Pin. It's relaxing and it's a place filled with a billion books and everything in the book world. Not to mention everything else in the entire world. So I made this board last night:


And then I thought about chairs. 
And reading in a chair.
How vital a good reading chair is.
You only discover such things when you hit middle age.
Which led me to this:



Check out David Simpson's series, Posthuman, don't forget, they are free for the Labor Day weekend. 
Have a great Saturday.
Cheryl

No comments:

Starting a new blog.

Hello bookish friends!  I’ve decided to download this blog and move on. The next book blog will have the same name but a whole new vibe.  Af...