Wednesday, September 2, 2015

I am so excited I could scream. But I won't. Not yet.

 Lisbeth Salander.
Normally, I do not get excited over other authors writing the next book in a series that only the original author should write.  Stieg Larsson should be writing this book. Mr. Larsson is no longer with us and that makes me sad to see it in writing, but I am excited to see the story live on. His characters in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series are one of my favorite fictional characters in a series to date. When he passed away I felt incredibly sad for him, for his family, friends, the WORLD.

I was so excited to get this book the other night, I pre-ordered it and had prayed to God that it was just as good as the other books. When I started it I whispered, "I am so excited I could scream!" But I didn't or my husband would have had a heart attack, he was sleeping. But I was wide eyed and awake!

I have been tired lately and falling asleep in seconds. Last night I read all of 28 pages and felt the pull of the story once again. Complexities of Larsson's writing are missing but it's a good story and I feel that Lagercrantz nails the mood of Blomkvist,  I do. 

We shall see how it goes, I will post a review immediately when finished. A scream or a sob, I will lay it on the line here.

By the way, though I like (like) the English version of the movie. The Swedish version is a million times better, so if you are into seeing this ever, please, put up with subtitles, it's worth it.

No comments:

Starting a new blog.

Hello bookish friends!  I’ve decided to download this blog and move on. The next book blog will have the same name but a whole new vibe.  Af...