Sunday, April 26, 2015

Books about Books, mini reviews


Ever since I found Anne Fadiman's Ex Libris in 1998, I became a watchdog for books about books.
Though I have read many I will give mini reviews on my two favorites.

Howards End is on the Landing by Susan Hill is a book I take with me on travels(short travels) and when I have landed in the hospital as a patient. A memoir of sorts, Susan Hill was looking for a book one day and discovered that it was time to get to know her books all over again. And she has loads of them. Her journey through her interesting house re-evaluating her collection is a worthy read. 

Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman is a wonderful book. I have read this book multiple times and it is an account of a life long love affair with books, as well as her literary journey with her literary family and  husband for whom she has to share shelving with once they are married (a hoot in itself.) A rich book.  And a double chocolate dip rich book if you love books about books.

Buy Both. 
Keep at your bedside. 
Or in your travel bag.
Or both.

No comments:

Starting a new blog.

Hello bookish friends!  I’ve decided to download this blog and move on. The next book blog will have the same name but a whole new vibe.  Af...