Thursday, January 22, 2015

PSA on my "Currently Reading" books

I know I know, I have been reading Unbroken and I just cannot get into it just yet. I find it to be well written and a wonderful story but I needed to put it down. Well, I did put it down, I left it to collect dust, felt so guilty that I had stop reading everything to mourn the loss...(the guilt is painful) . Some members in my book group are very honest with this as they are like me, start a book, put a book mark in at page ten  and whisper to the book, "I will be back soon, I promise." 

Sometimes you go back, sometimes you don't . But it's comforting to know that it's there.
For later.

Working a book group is one of the most rewarding, most fun and most wonderful things I have done. It takes a lot of work as everyone reads different genres and I feel it's important to keep up with all so I do a lot of book blog reading. I have became an ace on reading reviews and book news along with all the other book things one can come up with, even on Pinterest. I have so many book boards it's ridiculous. And they are mostly at the top of my Pin page so go take a peek (under Cheryl Poole-Musgrove.) Lots of good ideas, photos and memes.

So I want to shout out a  PSA. I am an insane reader now. I start a book and let go, I can't stress or feel guilty though I do, but I move on to the next one (after sorting out what I am going to read next which can take a whole evening.) I have decided I have gone from a very particular one book at a time reader to a very insane reader, I have to read a book that fits with what is going on or not going on in my life. 

So you will see me changing books around in my "Currently Reading" boxes, if I get through t hem I will be reviewing them (see Review box.) I am learning to accept my fate.
Thanks!

PS I am reading The Miniaturist by  Jessie Burton, so far so good, a bit on the The Girl with the Pearl Earring side but that was one of my favorite books so I am comfortably back in tune with a good book.

No comments:

Starting a new blog.

Hello bookish friends!  I’ve decided to download this blog and move on. The next book blog will have the same name but a whole new vibe.  Af...