Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Oh Kay, please stop and wait for me!

I was looking for new books to post on my book group and this book by Patricia Cornwell slapped me across the face. "How could you abandon us?"  I will tell you, Ms. Cornwell,  Life happened and I am not happy  missing out on any of your books. Since 1991, when I read Postmortem, I have been in love with your characters truly believing that I was the first one in a hundred mile radius that found this wonderful book first and made sure that radius expanded. I yelled  your name from the rooftops. But as I said, life got in the way, as well as work, a child, family and other books.

I am sorry. Serious.

But now you blasted out book number 22 and I am 7 books behind. Maybe more. I don't even know.  I went to Wikipedia and found that I am not even close to catching up. I left off at the very ninth page of Blow Fly as the page is marked.

I have a love/hate with series books. I do. And I applaud the very people who read them with such absorption, they remind me of the most sturdiest of paper towels. I finally got into a few series here and there, loving some, giving up on most and not even going near Harry Potter (oh my, we shall blog chat about that someday. ) I enjoyed what I have read but I left Kay Scarpetta in the dust for Ender's Game among many others.

Forgive me, Ms. Cornwell.

I would like to get back into Cornwell's books. I really would. In fact, I wish  there were Cliff Notes on this ordeal so I could catch up to the latest book and read it without touching the past. Of course, in this book world or rowdy nerds, I wouldn't dare. 

I always post the latest and greatest books that Patricia Cornwell writes in my book group and will continue to do so.

And hope I can find some time to fit Kay Scarpetta, Marino, Benton and Lucy back into my life.. (Good God are they even alive? Don't answer that. I will find out soon enough.)

No comments:

Starting a new blog.

Hello bookish friends!  I’ve decided to download this blog and move on. The next book blog will have the same name but a whole new vibe.  Af...